A few months ago, Husbandy and I were at Mass and all of a sudden there was a commotion on the other side of the church. From everything going on, you could tell someone had either fallen or fainted. Without skipping a beat the man in front of us got up and rushed over to help. We later figured out he was a doctor. I sat there just thinking, "Wow, here we are at Mass and this guy has to be ready at all times to jump up and help not even knowing the situation." What got me even more was that there were probably few people in the church that knew he was a doctor. He didn't have to get up and help to prove anything, he did it because he knew he should. What an incredibly selfless act. I don't know his name, I don't even know that I could now point him out, but I am thankful for him.
Mom and I were watching my sister's dog, Boots, while she was on her honeymoon this past week. Boots is very much a runner. As soon as he has a chance, he'll dart. My mom's dog, Katy, is not a runner, however. She stays right by you and cowers if you raise your voice. Except for when she has her doggie friend around, apparently. To keep a long story short, the two dogs got out and ended up running across a six lane road. Both made it safely the first go around, but before I could catch her, Katy was darting back across. This time she wasn't as fortunate and got hit. There I was, holding Boots, yelling, and running towards Katy. When I got to the street I could see she was alive, but still just laying there. All I could think was pick her up, get back to the house, and call my sister-in-law. I knew she was just getting off work, and I'm sure anxious to get home to her husband and baby. But I called her and she was immediately on her way. I was so so thankful for her and comforted knowing Katy was going to be checked out. Luckily, Katy had no broken bones and came out with just three spots of road rash. This isn't the only time my sister-in-law's done something like that. Multiple times when we are hanging out someone will call with a pet question. Without looking at any books or notes she just knows the dosage the pet may need, symptoms the owner should be looking for, or anything else they may be asking.
I can't imagine always being on call. When I leave work I don't think about anything I may have on my plate the next day. But these people can't ever just "leave work." In emergency situations they have a responsibility to step up, people look to them and trust their knowledge. I submit no one will ever be in a situation where they yell for a CPA desperately. This is probably a good thing as I would most likely need to do some research. All this being said, I just want to say thank you to those people who are always ready to help because of their profession. You truly have a servant's heart.

If you would like to know how it feels, I will gladly call you the night of April 16th for some tax help... :)
ReplyDeleteNancy is super awesome though. True dedication and passion... nuff said.
We're so lucky to have Nancy in our family! I'm so glad Katy is okay! She is such a trooper :) Also, that's a super cute picture
ReplyDelete