Monday, March 12, 2012

I Exalt Thee

It seems that music moves me more than I realize. The choir my mom is in has recently been struggling due to lots of changes that have taken places. Last week though, they seemed to be much more together. Particularly on one song that really moved me. I grew up hearing it every so often, but something was different this time.

I looked briefly for a good video of it on YouTube, but couldn't find one I loved. Plus, we kinda combine two songs. So, here are the words instead.




Lord, You are more precious than silver;
Lord, You are more costly than gold;
Lord, You are more beautiful than diamonds;
And nothing I desire compares with You.

I exalt Thee
I exalt Thee
I exalt Thee, O Lord!







Ok, so I like this guys version of We (I) Exalt Thee @1:30 - 2:25.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so so glad to hear last Sunday went better for the choir! Mom sounded real down hearten about it after the previous Sunday. Love these songs so much! I really hope the music ministry at St. Pat's keeps improving, because you're so right. Music is such an important part of the liturgy and can really impact people in such unforeseen ways!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, I just listened to the video and I forgot how much I love this song. I'm sitting at my desk but somehow still hearing a choir/congregations seeing these words...so powerful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this song too! Grew up with it. Such a simple yet beautiful prayer. It's definitely a praise that is dear to my heart. Awesome to know it is for others too :D

    ReplyDelete