Where to start, where to start. In my last post I mentioned Husbandy had an interview. He ended up liking the company's atmosphere and people a lot; to top it off, he thought the interview went well. This was confirmed when he got a call from one of the guys he interviewed with saying "Congrats, you are going to be working under me, all we need to do is a background check." Yea, woohoo, yippie! Not. The next week he received a call saying they were no longer creating the position they had interviewed him for. * Screeching halt* Huuh?? Needless to say, that was a bummer. The day he heard this news was later topped off by a call from the College Station Fire Department telling me Husband's apartment was on fire. Awesome. Don't worry, it ended up not being too too bad, really just a burned door and water damage. (Husbandy may correct me on that).
God's plan is always better than our own, however. The top dude at the company that turned Husbandy down did really like him and ended up giving him a contact at another commercial valuation firm. Without wasting time, Husbandy was on the phone and had an interview for the following Friday! The interview went really well and Husbandy was offered a position!! He took some time looking over the offer, and accepted it. I'm so proud of him, he's worked so hard for this, and now get to do exactly what he wants. He'll be starting on June 4. What makes it even more perfect is his office is 3.2 miles away from our *hopeful* house!
Oh, yeah, we put an offer on a house. :) During Husbandy's spring break we met with a Realtor and started our search. It has definitely had its ups and downs. The fifth house we looked at, on the second day of looking, was absolutely gorgeous. It was incredibly updated with a to die for kitchen and master bath. I mean, wow. We knew the house was going to go quick, so that night we had my family come and take a look. They didn't seems to have any real major concerns, so the next morning we decided we wanted to put in an offer! I really couldn't believe we found a house that quick. Before going to speak with our Realtor, Husbandy went to drive around the house/neighborhood one more time. I soon got a call that he just wasn't feeling it. He couldn't see us raising our family there. We talked it over, and decided that even though it was super nice, it wasn't for us. Wamp, wamp. Soo we kept looking, not a big deal, I didn't expect it to be that quick anyways. We then found a house in an awesome location. Loooooved the neighborhood. But, of course the house was a foreclosure, and needed some work. We put in offer knowing it was kinda low and that there were three others, and ended up not getting it. Finally, on house 40, we found one that fit almost everything we wanted! Great neighborhood, updated, move in ready, lots of room to grow, parks nearby, right in the middle of all my family...you get the idea. After going back and looking at it a second time and bringing family to take a look, we put in an offer! One counter offer later, we're under contract!!!
Being under contract is really when all the madness starts. I'm kinda sick of all the paper work and decision making. :)We had our inspection today and there are things that definitely need to be fixed before we say we'll take it, but we're still hopeful. Every time I go to the house I love it more, but I can't become too emotionally attached knowing that it's not ours yet, and that things could still fall through. If you don't mind saying some prayers that things go well, Husbandy and I would appreciate it.
House hunting has been a challenge with Husbandy not living in Dallas, but he's done so wonderful handling it all. In between that and school work, we celebrated our three year anniversary. I cannot believe it's already been three years. It sure hasn't felt like it. Thankfully it fell during Husbandy's dead week and we were able to have a wonderful dinner together at Houston's. We came home fat and happy. :P People have asked me what we got each other and to that I respond....a house? A trip to New Zealand? Take your pick.
That's right, on May 22 we will be on our way to God Zone...apparently that's its nickname. We got a really good deal from LivingSocial that we couldn't pass up. More on that trip later......
There were lots of other fun fun things that happened during April 2012, like two of my close friend at work telling me they are pregnant, and our annul Wagner/Fry day-o-fun in Ennis. We first go and take pictures in the bluebonnets and then go to the drive-in! It's been a tradition for three years now. I honestly can't wait until we throw little Wagners and Vrly Fries to the mix. Maybe the movie going will suffer, but the pictures will probably be cuter (no offense).
Did I mention Husbandy has THREE DAYS and ONE FINAL left!?!?! I am so excited. It will probably be a very long three days, but I cannot wait until Wednesday night.
Congrats if you made it this far....I think I'm done. God Bless!
| Niece's first Easter! I love her. |
I still can't believe y'all are going to New Zealand!! That is going to be such an amazing trip.
ReplyDeleteLOVE THE SOUND EFFECTS!!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks Babe! I love you! WHOOP!
ReplyDelete