Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Our Greatest Adventure: Week 18

1/29/2013 

How far along: 18 weeks 

How big is baby: Baby is the size of a sweet potato, isn't that cute. :) Baby is busy twisting and turning in my tummy. Baby is also yawning, sucking, hiccuping, and swallowing. 

Total weight gain: I really don’t weigh myself, so I’m going to guess still around 6 lbs 

Maternity clothes: Same….maternity pants are comfy and I have to be creative with my shirts. 

Sleep: I was so tired this week. I don’t know if it was the fact my body knew I could sleep if I wanted to or what, but I felt exhausted all week. I’m still waiting for the burst of energy I’m supposed to be getting. At night, nothing has really changed. 

Best moment of the week: VACATION! Being in Florida was so fun and relaxing. Husbandy and I had nothing planned, and just enjoyed our time with his family and especially with our new niece. Not being on the go was something I had been looking forward to. So much better than going to work! On Thursday, we had a surprise birthday party for Husbandy’s Grams. This was really nice because we got to see family from his mom’s side. Our most stressful part of the vacation was our drive home. We flew out there, but then rented a budget truck to drive back because we had some furniture and other random items to bring back to Dallas. On Saturday we got up bright and early and left at 7:00am. Obviously, my body was not ok with this, so I was super tired. I tried to stay awake with Husbandy, but ended up falling asleep for a while. For lunch, we were lucky enough to find a Chic-fil-a which made me very happy. I offered to drive several times, but Husbandy wouldn't let me. I think he was nervous of me being behind the wheel of such a large truck, he could also probably tell I was tired. After being on the road for 12 hours, we stopped in Vicksburg, Mississippi. We quickly ate dinner at a BBQ restaurant (they have some work to do to compete with Texas BBQ) recommended by the lady at the front desk and went to sleep. We were literally both asleep before 9:00. Sunday morning, we were on the road by 8:00. You would think with all the sleep I got, I wouldn't be tired….buuuut I was. I tried not to sleep, and was successful for a while, but then ended up getting some shut eye. Major major props to Husbandy who got us home safe and sound by 2:00. As soon as we got home, we unpacked everything, returned the truck, then went to Mass at 5:00 (What?!? We missed some of the Super Bowl!? Shame….. :P). Even though we had a couple offers to watch the game at friend’s houses, we ended up going home because we were both so tired. Getting up for work the next day was a bummer. 

Husbandy's got this dad thing down
Admiring her (favorite) uncle
This happened

Food cravings: Still really liking salads. Husbandy’s uncle made an awesome salad at the family get together on Thursday. It was so so good. I also got to eat a lot of fish in FL. My FIL was even nice enough to buy me sea bass one night. YUM. That is probably one of my favorite fish to eat, but rarely get it, cause it’s pricey. 

Food aversions: Chicken. What is it with chicken that leaves such a terrible taste in my mouth?! 

Symptoms: I'm pretty sure I’m feeling Baby more and more. One morning at breakfast I felt a pretty strong (relatively) bump, it caught me a little off guard. There are other times, I think what I’m feeling is Baby, but I’m not 100% sure. I can also feel my tummy growing, it’s weird. As mentioned, I was super tired this week too. Lastly, late in the 18th week, going into the 19th, I started to feel more nausea. Not to the point that I got sick, but more than I would like. 

Movement: Husbandy was lying on my tummy this week and I told Baby to give a hard kick so their daddy could feel him/her, but s/he didn't listen. Can’t wait to know for sure what I’m feeling is Baby and especially have Husbandy feel/see movement! 

Gender: We don’t know. 

What I’m looking forward to: Well, now that vacation is over this is harder to answer. We are hanging out with friends we haven’t seen in a while this weekend and I’m pretty excited about it. 

What I miss: Knowing for sure what I can and can’t eat. I found myself googleing a lot in FL if I could eat certain fish. How am I supposed to know their respective mercury levels? 

Next appt: February 21st! 

Workout/Fitness: I did leg lifts in the hotel. I was proud of myself, though I don’t think my tummy liked the mix of my prenatal and leg lifts. We also did some walking around in FL, but I’m still not real good at this workout thing if you ask me.

4 comments:

  1. I think a good rule of thumb for fish was avoid anything deep sea caught (like marlin and stuff) and no more than 20 oz (or was it 12?) a week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I remember deep sea fish are bad, but I've seen sea bass on the good and bad list. There was also dory on the menu (I finally get the Finding Nemo reference)which I googled. But no marlin or shark for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh your newest little niece is so cute!
    There's an iphone app called "Fish4health" that helps you track the amount of certain fish you're eating as well as look up which kinds are/aren't safe. I don't know if it's on the android market, but it's pretty useful.
    I still google foods all the time too! The list never ends it seems...and by never, I mean it continues into breastfeeding :)
    PS Please start liking chicken again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. seeing Evelyn - Love struck all over again!

    ReplyDelete