2/26/2013
How far along: 22 weeks
How big is baby: The size of a spaghetti squash or papaya. Baby is looking more and more like a newborn as the eyes and lips are more developed. Tooth buds are developing beneath the gums and Baby is sleeping in cycles. (see movement below)
Total weight gain: I weighed myself on Tuesday and I was actually down a pound and a half from our doctor’s visit. I thought that was kind of strange but I’m not stressing over it.
Maternity clothes: Of course. I need to go to my sister’s. She’s pulled out maternity shirts for me to try. :) The Old Navy gift cards are in, but I haven’t gone yet.
Sleep: No big big changes here. I have noticed I’m up usually just once during the night, sometimes twice.
Best moment of the week:
1) We all know the best part of the week was the sex reveal party! I wrote an entire post about it, so I won’t go into detail. But, it was by far the best part of the week.
| Thank you Aunt Kelly for this picture! |
2) My Aunt Carol surprised me with Izze drinks. I was recently introduced to these drinks by one of my friends and they are really good! They also do a good job at keeping my want for a coke to a minimum. They are a carbonated drink, but there is no caffeine or artificial sweetener. They also come in lots of different flavors. So far the blackberry is my favorite, but within the pack my Aunt bought me is pomegranate and grapefruit. I’m really excited about these.
Food cravings: Still nothing too crazy. I am eating snacks every now and then to keep my stomach happy. At this point, I’m afraid that if I don’t eat, I’ll get sick, so I try to eat small snacks mid morning and mid afternoon.
Food aversions: Definitely still garlic, just thinking about it makes me shiver. This does make me sad cause there are a lot of foods with garlic in them and I used to love every one of them! Cheese wasn’t my favorite this week. It left a pretty bad taste in my mouth after eating some pizza and this veggie pie thing my SIL made. Chicken still isn’t 100% on my good side, but I think it’s getting better, same with desserts (though I try to tell myself they won’t taste good).
Symptoms: I’m still getting tired throughout the day and trying to stay away from coffee. I feel like I’m doing pretty well at this. Some mornings I’ll get a small cup at work, but then end up only taking a few sips. Oh, and getting emotional is back. I thought I had reeled it in a bit, but every since we found out we’re having a girl, I’m in tears all the time. Mostly it’s when I’m reading stories about other little kids, see sweet little girls, or talk about Husbandy and Baby.
Movement: Oh yes, I am very accustomed to Baby’s movements! Actually I just love feeling them so much I want to always feel them! I get kind of anxious when I don’t feel anything in a while, guess Baby is sleeping. :D One night I was lying on the couch and would yell “Baby!” and after every time I got a little kick. So, now when I want to feel something I just yell, but I rarely get the same response.
Gender: GIRL GIRL GIRL! Going forward I can replace Baby with Reese! I’m very excited about this.
What I’m looking forward to: Husbandy and I have a lot to do these next few months and I’m getting real excited to start them, especially building the nursery. I’m not crafty at all, so I don’t know how it will turn out, but I’m excited to try to make it cute.
What I miss: Hmm I don’t think I missed anything too much this week, so that’s good!
Next appt: March 21
Workout/Fitness: Random squats and Saturday was go go go. Actually, that night my feet hurt soooo bad I couldn't move. Perhaps I should have worn shoes with better support.
Food cravings: Still nothing too crazy. I am eating snacks every now and then to keep my stomach happy. At this point, I’m afraid that if I don’t eat, I’ll get sick, so I try to eat small snacks mid morning and mid afternoon.
Food aversions: Definitely still garlic, just thinking about it makes me shiver. This does make me sad cause there are a lot of foods with garlic in them and I used to love every one of them! Cheese wasn’t my favorite this week. It left a pretty bad taste in my mouth after eating some pizza and this veggie pie thing my SIL made. Chicken still isn’t 100% on my good side, but I think it’s getting better, same with desserts (though I try to tell myself they won’t taste good).
Symptoms: I’m still getting tired throughout the day and trying to stay away from coffee. I feel like I’m doing pretty well at this. Some mornings I’ll get a small cup at work, but then end up only taking a few sips. Oh, and getting emotional is back. I thought I had reeled it in a bit, but every since we found out we’re having a girl, I’m in tears all the time. Mostly it’s when I’m reading stories about other little kids, see sweet little girls, or talk about Husbandy and Baby.
Movement: Oh yes, I am very accustomed to Baby’s movements! Actually I just love feeling them so much I want to always feel them! I get kind of anxious when I don’t feel anything in a while, guess Baby is sleeping. :D One night I was lying on the couch and would yell “Baby!” and after every time I got a little kick. So, now when I want to feel something I just yell, but I rarely get the same response.
Gender: GIRL GIRL GIRL! Going forward I can replace Baby with Reese! I’m very excited about this.
What I’m looking forward to: Husbandy and I have a lot to do these next few months and I’m getting real excited to start them, especially building the nursery. I’m not crafty at all, so I don’t know how it will turn out, but I’m excited to try to make it cute.
What I miss: Hmm I don’t think I missed anything too much this week, so that’s good!
Next appt: March 21
Workout/Fitness: Random squats and Saturday was go go go. Actually, that night my feet hurt soooo bad I couldn't move. Perhaps I should have worn shoes with better support.
No comments:
Post a Comment