4/9/2013
How far along: 28 weeks…third trimester is here! I cannot believe it.
How big is baby: The size of an eggplant. Reese is developing more fat so her skin is starting to get smoother. Her lungs have also matured enough to where if she came early she would have a good chance of surviving.
Total weight gain: I didn’t gain weight again this week, which is wierd. It might have something to do with cutting carbs and sugar though.
Maternity clothes: This week old navy was having a sale so I bought a couple shirts. They are super comfortable, I’m now looking at a cute maxi skirt I want.
Sleep: Still no big changes with sleep. I have to make sure to give my stomach and back support or else it causes problems. It just feels like my stomach is so huge, it needs something to support it all the time.
Best moment of the week:
1. Tuesday was mom’s birthday! The kids got together and cooked her a nice meal (steak, salmon, potatoes, salad, corn, buyon onions, and a strawberry dessert) while she got to play with Brooklyn and Aidan. It was a really good night with the whole family. Happy birthday, Mimi!
![]() |
| The only possible way this picture could get cuter is if it had Reese in it. :) I'm sure we'll get plenty of those! |
2. Over the weekend we went to College Station, which is always a good time. On Friday we went with Husbandy’s old roommate to get his Aggie Ring. Whoop! We hung out with him for a bit and got dinner, then headed to where we were staying for the weekend. Our good friend’s parents are always gracious to offer a room for us to stay in, they are such wonderful hosts and we are very thankful for them! On Saturday we went to the Maroon and White game, I was worried about getting too hot, but luckily we found shade. Afterwards, we hung out at the house and played with Abby and Kate. Nothing makes a weekend more complete in College Station than going to Mass at St Mary’s! So, that’s of course what we did on Sunday. After Mass we ate lunch and headed home. It was a great weekend away from the house, and possibly the only Aggie football game I 'llsee live this year (excluding the Cotton Bowl). :)
3. When we got back to Dallas on Sunday we met up with a friend of mine for dinner that I haven’t seen in about four years. It was good catching up!
Food cravings: Again, no big cravings. My taste buds are trying to get used to my meat and veggie filled diet. They certainly missed the fries at Wings N More that were not consumed.
Food aversions: Meats are thankfully getting better. I’m still staying away from garlic and desserts never taste as good as I remember them tasting.
Symptoms: Still have a shot of pain when I get out of bed down my right leg. I’ve also had some aches/pains/cramps from all the growth Reese is going through. I also think I may have experienced some Braxton Hicks, but I’m not sure. Sometimes my stomach is really tight and hard, so I figure that’s what’s happening, though it lasts longer than I would expect. I’m going to mention it to Dr B during my next appointment.
Movement: This week I’ve started to count Reese’s movements. I have a little tracking sheet, and the goal is to feel 10 movements within an hour sometime during the day. Reese typically gets her counts in between 8:30-10:00 am.
What I’m looking forward to: My dad is taking the kids on a trip to San Antonio at the end of the month. It sounds like it’s going to be pretty relaxing, so I’m definitely looking forward to it! Hopefully there is nice weather.
What I miss: Not having to look at everything I eat to see how many carbs are in it. I am learning a lot though.
Next appt: April 18
Workout/Fitness: More walking on the treadmill and all over Aggieland. I think I need to start adding more squats in preparation.


Gosh third trimester came fast! She's going to be here in no time. Also, Favorite bump pic!!! I might be a little jealous you got one at Kyle field.
ReplyDeleteHi...I want another post.
ReplyDeleteK thanks.
Love you!