Day 179
Reese helped mommy and Mimi make "The Salad" at Sunday night dinner...and LOVED it. She was such a good helper too. :-)
Day 180
I snapped this right before going to bed. There's nothing like having a bed to yourself (and your "babies"/blankets/books....).
Day 181
Monday night we headed to Shady's to watch the US Women's National team take on Germany in the World Cup. Reese wasn't in the best mood when we left the house, but perked up a little when she saw Michael (not shown in the picture...her smile). She did really well and we were able to watch the whole game out on the patio. US beat Germany which put us in the finals!
Day 182
As daddy brought Reese into the house she saw his cereal on the counter and swiped it. I'd say she was pretty proud of herself.
Day 183
Reese has learned rather quickly how to climb out of her bed. There have been a few nights where I wake up as she starts crying and see her climb out. By the time Husbandy or I make it into the room, she's laying on top of the crib sides. Thankfully she's never fallen, but obviously it was time for us to switch to a big girl bed.
I wanted to start the transition on a Friday as I anticipated long nights of Reese leaving her room and us telling her to go to bed, so the three day weekend for the 4th of July was perfect. The first night she did pretty well. She went to her door three times, would touch it, then run back to her bed. After the third time Husbandy was going to video it, but of course she stopped. Nap time on Friday went ok, because we filled the morning with activity (see below). Friday night went ok as well. Since then I think she's more comfortable with testing her limits and things have not been as good. Saturday night she woke up around 2:00am and opened her door to come get us. We ended up letting her sleep in our bed, which sounds fine, but really it means no sleep for momma. Transitions are so much fun!
Day 184
Husbandy and I both had Friday off, so we decided to make the most of it and take Reese to the Dallas World Aquarium. I don't know what it is about having a Friday off together and going to do something. We could have easily done this on a Saturday, but clearly that's not as fun.
It took what seemed like forever to convince Reese to get dressed in the morning. We promised her she would be seeing lots of animals and named a few, but she wouldn't budge. Our window of making it out there and back in time for some sort of nap was closing, but she finally got dressed.
Once we were there she loved seeing all the animals. I would say she most enjoyed looking at the fish from different parts of the world, being in the tunnel and watching sharks swim over us, and the "mingos" (flamingos). We had lots of fun, but we probably won't make it a habit as the aquarium is kind of expensive.
Day 185
Happy 4th of July! I wanted to go to the neighborhood parade, but Reese had swim class and I know we're going to miss it next week. After swim class the Fry's came over to swim and eat lunch. Then we took a break for naps and they came over again for more swimming and burgers!! Mimi also joined in the fun that afternoon. It was a pretty laid back 4th, but I loved spending it with family.
Thanks goodness I caught Reese singing twinkle twinkle in her bed a couple weeks ago. In what seems like overnight, she's out grown "how wawa how wawa" and graduated to "how I wonder."







Her smile could not possibly get any cuter!
ReplyDeleteShe is just getting so smart so fast! And I love her little hand motions she throws in there.