04/02/2013
How far along: 27 Weeks!
How big is baby: Ha. I got a little confused this week cause one of the websites I look at to see what Reese is doing this week says she is now the size of a rutabaga. I knew I recognized that and it turns out the other website I use said she was this size two weeks ago! So, who really knows how big she is, ok I do. (see Dr’s visit below) Reese is rapidly developing an immune system and has lots of brain activity. She can even open and close her eyes.
Total weight gain: I weighed myself this morning and I had lost a couple pounds. I find this a little odd.
Maternity clothes: Yup, still rocking those. With summer right around the corner I’m wanting more and more to go use my Old Navy gift cards for some cute skirts, shirts, and dresses. I also still have a little bit of money for Destination Maternity.
Sleep: No big changes from last week. My belly feels pretty large so it takes a little bit to get comfortable, but once there I sleep pretty well.
Best moment of the week:
On Friday I went out for a girl’s night and had a lot of fun. We started off with some yummy pizza then moved ourselves to a bar. It was quite a different experience as I obviously only drank water (I asked for a cranberry and soda, but she came back and told me they didn’t have it. She said we have coke and things like that. I was pretty sure she was confused…I wasn’t wanting a cranberry flavored soda. Either way, I didn’t feel like questioning her, but seriously, she had to be wrong), but I had a good time.
On Sunday Husbandy and I watched Aidan for a while. He reminded me how very soon Reese is going to be here and how adorable baby sleep smiles are. :) I’m so excited to see them grow up together!
Food cravings: Pizza and hamburgers
Food aversions: No big changes
Symptoms: I found myself saying sarcastically rude comments to Husbandy this week. Poor guy, thankfully he is still talking to me. When I get out of bed, a lot of the time I get this sharp pain in my right lower back. I have to pause cause it hurts so bad; I think it’s probably my sciatic nerve. Still swelling, I just refer to my feet as little sausages.
Movement: Hmm there were definitely a few days this week Reese did not move a lot. I still don’t like when this happens! I did get one little movement on video. It’s around 5 seconds to the upper right of my bellybutton (I found it helps if you make the video bigger). She had been moving a lot, so I thought I would catch more, but we all know how that goes.
Gender: I think you know this by now.
What I’m looking forward to: We are going to College Station this weekend! I’m really excited to be down there; maybe I’ll even get myself a maroon dress. :)
What I miss: Not having to pee so much. I feel like it’s all the time.
Next appt: April 18th
Workout/Fitness: This week I actually walked on the treadmill a few times after work! Yea me.
Dr Appt: So, as we know I had to go take the three hour glucose test. Because I had to fast starting at midnight, I woke up around 11:30 and ate a snack. Hopefully they meant midnight when they told me that. :) I got there before the nurses did, so I couldn't start the test right away. But, I finally got down to the lab around 8:45. I immediately saw the orange flavored drink sitting out and asked if they had any other flavors, but they didn't. I started giving myself a pep talk cause I knew I would need one. I explained that I don’t like orange anything, but the nurses didn't seem to care. Rude. They first tried to take my blood on my right arm, but all it did was drip. At that point I was thinking, wow this is going to take forever if I have to fill that entire vile, so I told the nurse my left arm usually works better. Thankfully, it did. After the fasting blood test, I had to drink the drink. Ewwww. It was so gross. I then had to wait an hour to take the test again. During this time I basically looked like a creeper in the hospital waiting area. I got kind of tired, so I tried to get a short nap, then I went to make sure the online registration I did with the hospital went through. Eventually, it was time to take my blood again. The nurse checked my right arm to see if there was more pressure now, but she didn't think it would work, so she had to use my left. Poor guy, it got stuck four different times! And, I now look like a druggie (both arms bruised a little). In between hour one and two, I went up to Dr. B’s office to tell them I was going to be late for my 11:30 appt (I moved my April 11th appt up a week) as my last blood test wasn't until 11:45. I was then told the sono tech could get me in early. Typically this is good news, but my sister was meeting me and I didn't want her to miss the sono!! I quickly texted her hoping her morning had gone well. Luckily, it had and she was on her way. She actually ended up walking in the office at the exact time they had called me back, so it worked perfect! The sono went really well, Reese was actually measuring exactly 27 weeks and 1 day (which is how far along I was) and weighed 2.3lbs. YEA! Everything else looked great too. We did get a video, it’s somewhat long and I will admit it’s hard to make out what is happening. The sono tech points out the heart right when the video starts, you can see it pumping away briefly in the middle of the screen. Around 14 seconds you can kind of make out the profile of her head on the right of the screen and her right hand. Then we just sit there for a while. At 48-50 seconds it’s just her hand on the screen, then more of the head. Around 1:30 we move down to the leg, and then at about 2:00 you can see the heartbeat on the left side of the screen. She was moving around and is getting bigger so it’s hard to see, but I promise those things are there.
After the sono it was back down for the two hour blood test, then back up to see Dr B. I asked him about the ligament pain I had the week prior and he said that was pretty normal. Although, he was kind of concerned it lasted for so long. He brought up kidney stones again and I reminded him I've had them in the past. I think he forgot to write this down the first time I told him, and ended up prescribing me to a low dose medication to help prevent them as they can cause preterm labor. He also scheduled another sono for the next visit so they could take a look at my kidneys. After seeing Dr B it was back down to the lab for the last blood test. At this point I was pretty hungry and thirsty, so I was grateful for the water I brought. I also brought some strawberries, but was told not to have any fruit as they contain sugar, which, obviously, my body didn't need.
Thank you so much to my sister who came and hung out with me! Being able to talk with someone really helped pass the time, plus I got to see Aidan. :D
The next Monday (4/8) I got a call from Dr B with the results. Basically, I’m borderline. If two of the four blood tests come back abnormal, they will diagnose you with GD. Only my one hour test came back super high, but my two hour test was only one point away from being abnormal. So, they aren't going to diagnose me yet, but just monitor my sugar levels and Reese’s size. I also have to cut back on the carbs and sugar. I've been reading a lot of forums trying to figure out good meals and snacks for me to eat, so no more desserts or pasta for me!
Hey there friend! I nominated you for a Liebster Award. A friend did it for my blog so I'm nominating you :) It's a fun little post to do when you have time! Hope you're getting some rest! Also, check out my last post to see what the Award is about :) Also, not sure if you have it, but my new blogsite is thesideoflove.com Hugs!
ReplyDelete