4/30/2013
How far along: 31 weeks
How big is baby: The size of a pineapple! That just seems really big. Reese is going through major brain and nerve development (bring on the Omega 3s) and all five sense are in working order. Her eyes continue to develop and her iris' can react to light.
Total weight gain: Around 14 lbs.
Maternity clothes: No big changes here. I still have money on my Destination Maternity card which needs to be used. I’m imagining a dress for baby showers.
Sleep: No changes here either. Just lots of pillows and trips to the bathroom.
Best moment of the week:
1) Monday I had a Dr appt and everything looked good. There was no sono, so we listed to Reese's heart (147 bpm) and Dr B measured my tummy. I am measuring a little big. Dr B's voice always sounds more concerned than his words, so I'm not too worried about this. Dr B also thought Reese might be head down, but we're going to check next time with a sono. All in all, it was a pretty good appt.
1) Monday I had a Dr appt and everything looked good. There was no sono, so we listed to Reese's heart (147 bpm) and Dr B measured my tummy. I am measuring a little big. Dr B's voice always sounds more concerned than his words, so I'm not too worried about this. Dr B also thought Reese might be head down, but we're going to check next time with a sono. All in all, it was a pretty good appt.
2) May 2nd was Husbandy and my 4th anniversary! I cannot believe we have been married four years already. Best years of my life. :) We ended up celebrating on Saturday night and went to Steve Fields for dinner. We wanted to try a place we had never been and it ended up being really good! Husbandy got a bone in filet and I got sea bass. They even surprised us with a huge piece of chocolate cake, which I of course had to take some part in.
![]() |
| After dinner |
3) Bradley classes are going well. This week we learned about what to expect right after the baby is born, breastfeeding, and bathing newborns. All very informative.
4) On our way to Thursday night dinner, I was sitting in the back with Aidan and he was giving me such good smiles! Oh my goodness, it just melted my heart. I tried to get pictures, but they turned out kind of blurry...I'm sure you'll enjoy anyway. :)
5) Friday night we went to a BBQ at a friend’s house. He is incredibly good at smoking meat. We had ribs, brisket, pulled pork, and chicken. I also got to see people I grew up with that I haven’t seen in a very long time annnd we played 42. It was a fun night.
6) Sunday we had a happy birthday dinner for one of my best friend’s sister. It was nice catching up with her (as she lives in NY) and the rest of her family which I haven’t seen in a while.
Food cravings: I would love to have a nice pasta dish, but I’m sticking to my protein and veggies.
Food aversions: Still won’t try garlic.
Symptoms: My swelling went down this week which I am very thankful for. I do get aches and pains in my belly every now and then and continue to get pretty tired throughout the day.
Movement: She is still getting in her number of kicks. On Friday, at work, she was in fact have punching practice inside my stomach. I wish I would have thought to take a video cause it was pretty crazy. I’m not sure that I want to have a boxer, so we’ll have to think of some other way to use this talent.
What I’m looking forward to: For my mom’s birthday, we got her tickets to Lone Star Park, so next weekend we are going to the races! I really enjoy horse races and the whole family is going, so it should be fun.
What I miss: Pasta
Next appt: May 20th
Workout/Fitness: Walking, either on the treadmill or around the neighborhood.



Well those are cute pictures :) I think he likes his Aunt Kimberly
ReplyDelete