Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Our Greatest Adventure: Week 33

05/14/2013 

How far along: 33 weeks 

How big is baby: The size of a durian (these fruit are becoming more obscure to me) or a honeydew melon. Reese is now keeping her eyes open while awake and she is coordinating breathing with sucking and swallowing. 

I promise to get an updated picture soon, Reese has had quite a growth spurt!

Total weight gain: 13-14 lbs 

Maternity clothes: No changes, just lots and lots comfy clothing. I did buy my first and second nursing bra…so that’s exciting. 

Sleep: Getting as much as I can. There are lots of groans while getting comfortable, but once there I typically fall asleep pretty quickly. 

Best moment of the week: 

1) Things were pretty quiet around here this week due to last week’s events. I did go to work Mon – Fri but managed to work only one full day. Saturday was spent around the house, but Sunday I actually got out for Mass, a bridal shower, and my brother’s birthday party at Main Event. I didn't participate in the bowling or laser tag...but I had fun with the family.

2) A cousin that I don’t see a lot since she lives in OK was in town randomly for a couple days this week. She stayed with Becca and came to family Thursday night dinner, so it was nice catching up with her. 

3) On Monday the 20th I had my first dr apt since L&D. Unfortunately, Dr B was sick, so I didn't get to talk with him. I did, however, get a sono! The tech confirmed that Reese is head down. Good job, little one. There is a possibility that she could flip back over, but I hear that’s rare. The tech also said my fluids look good. Reese’s heartbeat was at 150 bpm and she’s weighing 5.1 lbs. That sounds so big! I know she has a little more to gain, but hopefully not too much. 

Food cravings: Why oh why must I be craving sweets?! I sit and stare at my Pinterest dessert board wishing I could enjoy some of the chocolate goodness, but no. 

Food aversions: You can fill in the blank here…. 

Symptoms: Still some tightening in my belly. When contractions pick up, I lay on my left side and they seem to slow down. Then again, sometimes I think the tightening is Reese pushing out or I ate too much. My feet still swell, but that shouldn't be a surprise. Some first trimester symptoms are making their way back, like nausea. I haven’t gotten sick, but I wake up feeling pretty gross and sometimes it doesn't go away. 

Movement: Reese still loves my right side. It was so cute, one night Husbandy was singing to her, and I could feel Reese moving over towards his voice. How cute is that? Thanks to my sono, I now know the jabs I’m feeling on my right side and what’s poking out is in fact a foot. I also know it’s a bottom at the top of my belly. Annnd Aunt Rebecca felt Reese this week! I'm pretty sure she was hiccuping at the time, but it still counts as a baby movement. :) We are very sneaky, Reese.

What I’m looking forward to: Next week I’m having a shower at my work! I’m so excited to have my first shower!

What I miss: Fro Yo, not worrying all the time! 

Next appt: May 28th (we are now going every week)

Workout/Fitness: Pregnancy stretches.

3 comments:

  1. Booo for first trimester symptoms returning! That's no fun. Hopefully they won't get as bad as they were then.
    I cannot wait for your showers! Lauren and I are having a crafting day next week to start getting ready :))

    ReplyDelete