How Old: 11 months
Weight/Height: Reese went to the dr mid-way through the month (we can’t go a month without visiting him….) and she was about 16 lbs 14 oz, we didn't get a measurement.
Baby Clothes: Reese has pretty much said goodbye to 6 month clothing and is wearing 9 and 9-12 month clothing and she’s in size 4 diapers.
Milestones: Lots of new things happened this month. Reese mastered going from her stomach to sitting and crawling! I really hadn't even seen her try to go from her stomach to sitting, then one day Husbandy looked at the monitor and there was Reese, just sitting in her bed. We were both like, how did she do that?! The crawling continued to happen gradually, but one night Husbandy and I were picking her up from my dad’s and she b-lined it towards me. It was adorable and she hasn't looked back since. :P She has started to pull up on things more and more. She did pull up on her crib once when she was out of the sleepsack, but can’t quite figure out how to do it when she’s in it. She is also very good at turning off the light. I’ll pick her up and ask her to turn it off and she just reaches up and does it. Such a smart little girl! Now whenever we walk by a light switch, she looks at it like she needs to turn it off.
Reese has been sleeping through the night for a while now, but on nights that she wakes up, she’s a little hard to put back to sleep. I feel like it’s always right about 2 hours of awake time. She also must have gone through a growth spurt this month because for about a week she would wake up and suck down 4-5 oz of milk.
Special Outings: We had a few fun outings this month. We took dinner to a couple of friends who just had their first baby. We actually hadn’t seen them in a while and had accidentally missed their baby shower (I thought it was on Saturday, it was really on Friday), so it was nice to catch up! Not to mention their daughter is super cute!
Reese attended one of my most favorite Aggie traditions, Muster. Dr Loftin was the guest speaker and had a really great speech. Before dinner started he was walking around and stopped at our table (probably to say hi to Reese, let’s be honest) and we got a picture with him. We also figured out Reese likes BBQ and baked apples at Muster. She was an eating machine! She did really well during the whole thing, but we Husbandy took her out during the roll call just in case she decided to talk/cry.
Reese also attended more GND birthday partie for baby Mark and Kare! At Baby Mark's we discovered Reese loves baked beans. She had them all over the place. I tried to take a picture, but it didn't give the mess justice.
Highlights of the Month: One Saturday morning we got up early and went to take bluebonnet pictures with The Fry’s! We have a tradition to go to Ennis, but with the kiddos we decided somewhere closer might be best. We had lots of fun and the pictures turned out great!
Reese celebrated her first Easter! That Saturday we went and visited Papa Joe. It was just my mom, Jason, Reese, and I, but it was a good day and Papa Joe loved playing with Reese.
On Sunday we got up and went to Mass super early so that Reese could take a nap before the family festivities began. It was absolutely beautiful so we spent most of the day outside at my Uncle and Aunts house. It was a really great day with lots of food and family!
One of the most exciting parts of the day was the anticipation for Baby John to make his arrival. He didn’t come on Easter, but we did get to meet him just three days later!!! John was born at 9:43pm and as soon as we got the text saying he was here, Becca and I raced to the hospital. It made for a late night, but we really couldn’t wait 24 hours to get to meet the newest Vrla! He is such a sweet little boy and we love him so much!
Baby’s Routine: No real changes here.
Baby’s Favorite Food: Reese is eating more and more table foods. She doesn’t always love them, but we are trying really hard. Despite all the good things she’s trying, she still likes the snacky foods the best (girl after my own heart). While I might not choose puffs or Cheeto-type things, I do love snacks. She might just like them the best cause they are the easiest to eat, but she’ll eat puffs as long as you give them to her.
Baby’s Favorite Activity: She still loves the outdoors, so I’m excited that we’re getting to spend more time there. She also loves to watch other kids and get really excited. She’s able to interact more with Brooklyn and Aidan which is really cute.
Baby’s Favorite Toy: I've seen her reading books more this month. I hope she develops a love for books. I’m not a big reader, even though I want to be, so I don’t want that to rub off on her.
Big Changes: The biggest change this month was definitely her mobility. She’s crawling all over the place and discovering new areas in our house. It’s really been fun to watch her figure things out.
Mommy Journal:
One month! Just one month until I have a one year old! This year really has gone by so fast. I can’t believe how much Reese has changed and I know there are still so many milestones to hit.
Just as an update, I was able to completely transition Reese away from nursing by mid-May. It was easier for her than I thought it would be, so that helped me out emotionally. In some ways I find it easier to now be solely on bottles, though it’s definitely expensive. I feel like she goes through formula packs weekly. Reese does let me hold her while she drinks a bottle, which I love, and she still plays with my hair, so in some ways things haven’t changed.
Reese, you are daddy’s little girl. You watch ever move he makes and just smile at him. We love it every time you decide to tell us stories, a lot of the time it’s when we’re in the car. Hopefully, I’ll be able to get it on video one of these days. There are so many things you do that make us laugh, I wish I could remember everything to write down. There are definitely days that you are a little toot and we get frustrated, but then you smile and my heart melts all over again. You are our precious angel, I can’t believe you’re so close to being one!
We love you to pieces sweet girl!




















She's grown so much this month and learned so many new things! I love that she likes crawling towards the blocks to knock them over, Aidan was the same way.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you got a good pic of the guys with the babies because mine didn't come out well. Also the pic of the 4 of you with Papa Joe is so good!
Love you sweet Reese! Can't wait to celebrate you again in a few days :-)