Thursday, January 3, 2013

Our Greatest Adventure: Weeks 4 & 5

10/21/12





How far along: I’m not sure. Dr B wasn’t really sure and said we needed to wait for the sono in a couple weeks. I’m going to guess I’m somewhere around 4 weeks.

How big is baby: I’m hesitant to sign up for any website yet, cause I don’t know how far a long I am. But, if I am 4 weeks then according to babycenter and thebump, baby is the size of a poppyseed (I all of a sudden want a muffin). I just read what all baby is developing this week and I am just amazed!!

 Total weight gain: None of that, yet.

 Maternity clothes: Not yet. Though since Dr B’s office is right by North Park, I stopped by after my appointment and used some gift cards I had to buy a sweater. I bought it slightly big so I could wear it with baby!

 Sleep: I have moved my bedtime up about an hour, though I’m sure I’m going to get more tired in the next few weeks.

 Best moment of the week: One Tuesday 10/23 I went to doctor and got confirmation from Dr B that we are pregnant!!! We’ve felt pretty confident that we’re pregnant for a week or so, but talking with the doctor makes things so much more real! It’s not just something I’m hoping for, it’s here!

Food cravings: No real cravings. Though there have been a few times during meals where I’ve thought, dang I just ate a lot of food…why am I not more full?

 Food aversions: I don’t think I’ve had any food aversions yet. I’m really hoping I become averse to sweets like my sister, cause I really don’t need to eat all that.

 Symptoms: A little uncomfortableness around the top of my right leg. Around where the pelvis is. I’m not sure if that is due to pregnancy, but it’s new. I’ve also notice shortness of breath. I climbed some stairs at Husbandy’s work and was breathing way harder than I expected.

 Movement: Oh no, none of that for a while.

Gender: Don’t know! I really don’t want to find out the sex, but Husbandy reeeallly does. For now I’m going to keep trying to convince him why not finding out is fun.

 What I’m looking forward to: Our first sonogram! Then we can put to rest the mystery of how far along I am. :) I’m also super excited to start telling family the good news. Husbandy and I have made plans to tell my mom, brother, SIL, sister, and BIL on Halloween. :) I’m not really a huge fan of this holiday, so this should change my perception.

 What I miss: I don’t really miss anything yet. I guess this is the “honeymoon phase” of pregnancy….not missing anything and not feeling too bad yet.

 Next appt: November 5th!

 Workout/Fitness: Husbandy and I have been trying to go on more walks at night. This has been hard this week since he’s been working late. But I’ll try to do some things on my own, nothing too stressful on the body. Unfortunately, I didn’t really have a good workout plan before I got pregnant….so I’m going to need to change that!

EDD: July???


10/28/12

 How far along: Still not sure about this, but I’m guessing 5 weeks.

How big is baby: If I am 5 weeks, then according to babycenter and thebump, baby is the size of a sesame seed or an apple seed. Baby is already forming major organs and systems. Go baby go!

Total weight gain: -2

Maternity clothes: Not yet.

Sleep: I feel like this happens to a lot of people on a regular basis, but I get really tired around 2-3:00 in the afternoon. It’s a different tired then I’m used to though. I’ve also noticed that I sometimes have a hard time focusing. Annd I’m getting up in the middle of the night to pee, usually just once.

Best moment of the week: FINALLY telling family! Halloween was supposed to be the big day, we made shirt for Brooklyn that says “I’m a cousin…x2” and I was soooo excited to be telling everyone. As it turns out Husbandy got very sick Wednesday afternoon (turned out he had food poisoning) and Becca’s Jason had to work that night. I quickly realized there was no way the news was going to be shared on Halloween. Sooo I figured we could tell Bec and Jason separately and everyone else at Thursday night dinner (since Bec had class on Thursday night). Buut, Husbandy was still sick, so we didn’t go. At this point I was getting kind of frustrated! Husbandy and I quickly made plans to watch the Aggie football game with everyone on Saturday. That morning we found out Jason had to work and so did my brother. Are you serious?! I really didn’t think this was ever going to happen. As the day went on Jason got off work, so we were only one family member down. During that time my mom kept talking about chores she needed to do at the house and Bec and Jason talked about going grocery shopping. All I could think was nooooo, just stay heeeeere!!! Around 6:00 Bryan finally got our house. As soon as he walked in I wanted to make the announcement, buuut there was football on. Husbandy and I decided to do it in between the Notre Dame game and the big game that night. Waiting for the Notre Dame game to end was brutal. I really wanted them to win, but at the same time I just wanted to game to be over. It ended up going into triple OT! As soon as it ended (luckily on a good note for us, the Irish won), I picked up Brooklyn and took her to our room to change her shirt. And well, this is how things went (Brooklyn and I make our appearance around 35 seconds):


YEA YEA YEA YEA!!

On Sunday, we called Husbandy’s parents and sister, Amanda. They were of course all very very excited. Lucky for me, Amanda and Bec are both pregnant and have lots of advice to offer. Amanda texted me after we hung up with them and I thought it was super sweet. Baby has some pretty awesome Aunts.

Food cravings: Zero cravings. In fact, nothing sounds good at all. One day this week the only thing that sounded remotely good was soup. But, when I started to think of what soup sounded good, none of them did. :( Basically I just force something down cause I know I need to. Sometimes, once I start eating it tastes good, but that first bite is tough.

 Food aversions: Everything. Give me something bland and I’m mostly happy.

 Symptoms: I’ve definitely notices my boobs hurting more! Husbandy keeps offering to massage them, but I decline. :P This weekend we had dinner with my dad’s family and I was very aware of tenderness when hugging family bye. Monday I started to have nausea and it’s just gotten worse during the week. This also makes it really hard to focus at work. Every time I have to stand, I give myself a mini pep talk. Getting out of bed requires a pretty long one too.

Movement: Nope.

Gender: Still trying to convince Husbandy that we shouldn’t find out.

 What I’m looking forward to: Our first sonogram! I am also a little nervous cause I think it might be too early to see a heartbeat. Not being able to find one is really going to make me scared, so hopefully we see it and get good news!

What I miss: Not feeling nauseous.

 Next appt: November 5th!

 Workout/Fitness: Haha, yeah. There really hasn’t been much of that. I told Husbandy this week I lose my breath doing the dishes. Goodness.

 EDD: July???

3 comments:

  1. Great video!
    Also, I would just like to note that tender boobs is probably the only symptom I never experienced, but wanted to so that my boobs would grow...
    Also I lol'd about husbandy offering to help you with the soreness

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the video!!! great way to tell everyone. I can't believe all the obstacles that kept popping up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely love the video! So happy for you both!

    ReplyDelete