11/4/12
How far along: We finally found out that we're 6 weeks! Looks like my intuitions were spot on. :) I had an appointment on 11/5 and I was 5 weeks and 6 days. So every Tuesday my “weeks” change.
How big is baby: According to babycenter, Baby is the size of a lentil…but thebump compares Baby to a sweet pea which I think sounds much better! Either way, Baby is making some MAJOR progress this week. Blood is now circulating throughout Baby, and the eyes, nose, and ears are taking shape. The brain, muscles, and bones are also starting to form! Baby may also be starting to wiggle their hands and feet…which don’t actually look like what we know as hands and feet quite yet. :)
Total weight gain: -2
Maternity clothes: Nope
Sleep: Ahhh sleep. How I love thee. I’m sleeping whenever I can, and trying not to at work. Husbandy has mentioned several times he like this new routine, cause he’s getting to sleep more too!
Best moment of the week: Oh wow. There cannot be just one!
1. On Monday Husbandy and I went to the doctor and got out first sono!!! Dr. B was expecting me to be around 7 weeks already, but we found I was 5 weeks and 6 days. When the sono tech told us this, I got a little nervous because I didn't think we would be able to see a heartbeat, but low and behold there it was. Absolutely beautiful, just pumping away. We were both amazed and even got a short little video. Getting to share baby’s first pictures with our family was also super fun. Something to remember – Husbandy was so uncomfortable in the sono room, he had obviously never been in one before, and I think the stirrups freaked him out. Haha
2. On Saturday our beloved Aggies took down the number one team in the country, Alabama. It was soo exciting!! I won’t write much about it, but trust me….if I didn't have all these other fun things going on right now…this would have made my year! On Saturday we also told my Aunt Carol we’re pregnant. She was hanging out with mom and we just couldn't hold it in. Brooklyn was our little model again, and she did just perfect!
3. On Sunday we went to Papa Joe’s house to have lunch. I thought we would just be sharing the news with him, but it the whole family, Aunts, Uncles, Cousins…everyone ended up being there! We waited until after lunch and shared the good news while everyone was in the room. Well, we tried to wait for everyone, but I think some of my cousins were outside. Oops. Either way, it was fun and there were lots of hugs. Papa Joe made the point that we are a very fertile family. :)
Food cravings: After waking up from a nap on Sunday, I really wanted a PB&J and Husbandy was nice enough to offer to make it. OMG, best PB&J ever! Seriously, every bite was just so good. This week I've had a little bit more of an appetite, though I still get nervous about trying crazy flavorful foods. I've also had a lot of popcorn. I read it’s good for baby, so that just makes me want it more.
Food aversions: Most things are still not sounding real good…I just force it in my mouth. :( And, this doesn't have to do with food, but I think I have an aversion to brushing my teeth. I want to brush my teeth cause it makes me feel clean, but lately it just makes me gag a little. Not fun.
Symptoms: I have been so dead this week. On Sunday I got sick at Mass (I’m not really sure what that means...when you get sick at Mass), but the rest of the day was spent sleeping and laying around. Husbandy was super sweet though, he made that awesome PB&J, did the laundry, and the dishes! What a sweet Husbandy. My sister also told me she has gotten her energy back and she would come down and do these things if I wanted her to. How awesome is my family?!? I also got sick at work on Friday. I decided to go to the restroom before lunch, and it’s a good thing cause as soon as I got in there I decided to be sick. It was really weird. I was super thankful it was lunch time though, cause that meant there was less of a chance someone would be walking in. I was then scarred to eat, but I did cause I was really hungry! One notable thing I changed this week is I started to take my vitamin at night. I think it’s helped a little with the nauseous feelings. I just take it right in the middle of dinner.
Movement: Nope.
Gender: Don’t know.
What I’m looking forward to: Telling the rest of our family! I still need to tell my dad and his side of the family, and we also have Jason’s grandparents/aunts and uncles.
What I miss: Not feeling like there is a lump in my throat all the time.
Next appt: December 3rd
Workout/Fitness: Hmmm I’m trying to think if I did any of that this week. What’s making this harder for me now is the stupid time change! By the time I get home it’s dark and cold. I’m also really hungry when I get home, so I just want to eat.
EDD: July 2, 2013!!!
11/13/2012
How far along: 7 weeks
How big is baby: Baby is the size of a blueberry! Baby’s arms and legs are continuing to develop. Both hemispheres of Baby's brain are growing, and the liver is churning out red blood cells. Baby also has an appendix and a pancreas, which will eventually produce insulin. And, the umbilical cord has formed, which has distinct blood vessels to carry oxygen and nutrients to and from Baby.
Total weight gain: Holding right around where I started
Maternity clothes: Nope
Sleep: I’m still getting tired right around 8:45pm and Husbandy still loves this new sleep schedule. I wake up every 3-4 hours to pee. It’s getting harder and harder to get up because Husbandy like the room sooo cold at night. I don’t think he understand my pain. :)
Best moment of the week: 1. This week I was finally able to tell my dad the good news. On Friday, Husbandy and I went to have dinner with Dad, Cindy, Granny, and Grandpa at G&G’s community senior living. During dinner Husbandy asked if anyone had seen the new Aggie picture posted on some blog. Everyone was a tad bit confused, so I handed the sono picture to Grandpa and Husbandy gave the video of Baby’s heartbeat to my dad. Dad was shocked and thought we were joking and Grandpa just smiled and starting crying He’s just so darn cute! Granny actually realized first that Grandpa was holding a sono and was just like OOOHH! I know what that is! It was nice to be able to tell all of them at once. On our way out of the dining area Grandpa stopped a waitress and told her that he just found out I’m pregnant. I think the girl was a little weirded out, but Grandpa was just beaming.
2. Another great moment this week was telling our good friends Courtney and Jake the news. Saturday I had been at their house during the Aggie game (no worries – we won) while Husbandy was in class all day. I told him to drive up to Frisco after class, but was a little worried cause I knew J&C wanted to go see a movie after the football game. As soon as Husbandy got there we wanted to say something, but the timing was off. Luckily, J&C decided to go grab dinner and invited us to come along. On our way into the restaurant Husbandy mentioned something about Baby Wag and they just stopped and starred like, are you serious?! We were happy we got to tell them finally, it’s good to know we have friends praying for Baby.
3. Lastly, something really touching happened at Mass this weekend. As I said before, Husbandy was in class all weekend, so I had to go to Mass alone. Afterwards, I was headed out and Fr. Paul stopped me and asked if I was expecting. I wasn't really sure how he knew, but I told him we just found out a few weeks before that we are! He just smiled and said, I saw you walk in a couple weeks ago and just had a feeling. He then gave me some advice about pregnancy and breathing techniques he’s learned from Tai Chi. How cool is that!
Food cravings: I’m having trouble driving by Canes every day without stopping. Chicken tenders sound so tasty, not to mention their delicious lemonade! I had also really been craving a hamburger, so deciding what I wanted for dinner while out with J&C was a no brainer. I then had Whataburger on Sunday (before going to the opera…that’s right…opera. I saw Romeo et Juliet).
Food aversions: Hmm I don’t remember any big food aversions this week. I’m still somewhat skeptical before I take a bite of anything (except for that hamburger).
Symptoms: So tired and bloated. I changed toothpaste which has helped in that department.
The worse thing this week was my sickness really kicked it up a notch. Friday was terrible. I got sick right when I got home from work and another time at dinner before telling the news. I know they were wondering what was taking me so long in the restroom (Husbandy told me). I then got sick twice on Monday too. I said a few prayers asking the Lord to help me remember this is a sacrifice for Baby and to help me get through it with love. It’s hard to remember all the time, but sacrifice is part of being a parent. I love you, Baby!
Movement: Baby is just now developing arms and legs! So, no movement yet.
Gender: Courtney gave us a good idea to help compromise when we find out the gender. While she is definitely on my side, and trying to convince Husbandy to wait, her idea was to open an envelope revealing the gender of Baby on our anniversary. That would be exactly 2 months away from Baby’s EDD.
What I’m looking forward to: Thanksgiving is this week and we certainly have a lot to be thankful for. We have offered to host this year, which I’m not sure was 100% a good idea. But, at least cleaning will get me off my booty.
What I miss: Not spending so much time in the bathroom!
Next appt: December 3rd.
Workout/Fitness: Maybe I’ll take this section out of my blog. :) JK, girls at work are starting a Tuesday/Thursday workout plan after work. Our office recently got a gym, so I’m going to try real hard to go after work on these day.
EDD: This shouldn't be changing, so I’m going to take it out. But just as reminder, it’s July 2, 2013. :)
Haha Papa Joe's comment about our famiy being fertile is hilarious. Also, Grandpa telling the waiter that you're pregnant is probably the sweetest thing ever.
ReplyDelete