Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Our Greatest Adventure: Weeks 8 & 9

11/20/2012

How far along: 8 weeks!

 How big is baby: Baby is the size of a raspberry! The fingers and toes are only slightly webbed and Baby is apparently moving like crazy! I definitely wish I could feel these movements, but as of now I can’t. Baby is also developing lungs and in the brain, nerve cells are branching out to connect with one another, forming primitive neural pathways.

Total weight gain: With the help of Thanksgiving I’m right around +2lbs.

 Maternity clothes: Some of my work pants felt a little tight. I’m not sure if it’s because of Thanksgiving leftovers or I’m bloated or I’m just gaining weight. Sometimes I think it’s bloating cause my pants won’t fit during parts of the day, then they do.

 Sleep: Oh sleep. This week didn’t go so well. I woke up multiple times during the night, sometimes to pee and sometimes just cause. I had a lovely 4 days weekend for Thanksgiving and got tooons of sleep. People kept telling me they had a lazy break, and I just thought, ooh you have no idea! Sunday I was dreading going back to work, I feel like that night I couldn’t sleep cause I was anxious about going back to work…like the first day of school.

Best moment of the week: Thanksgiving! Husbandy and I hosted for the first time ever! Though I’m going to call this year half hosting cause it was a small crowd and we didn’t even have to cook to turkey. My aunt offered, and we were more than happy to let her. :) We did realize there are a lot of things people just have at their house that we have not stalked up on yet, like toothpicks.

Food cravings: Salad has sounded really good to me lately. I was super excited about my mom making “the salad” for Thanksgiving…it was so good.

 Food aversions: I don’t remember any real big food aversions. I guess I’ll put Chinese food…Husbandy has mentioned wanting it couple times and it never sounds good.

 Symptoms: I just asked Husbandy what my symptoms were last week, I mentioned tiredness and nausea…then he said and you were hungry all the time. I’ll give him that, I was. As mentioned above, I got to sleep a lot this week and it felt wonderful. I also discovered that our little couch is quite comfy. As for nausea, it hit hard this week, again. Nights were the worst, as I laid down I would just feel terrible.

 Movement: Not yet.

Gender: Time will tell.

 What I’m looking forward to: Our appointment on December 3rd! I am SO ready to see Baby!!

What I miss: Sleeping comfortably. I’m trying to only sleep on my left in preparation, but I miss sleeping on my back. I do wake up on my back sometimes though.

 Next appt: Dec 3rd

Workout/Fitness: I did it! I got on an elliptical and exercised. Granted it was only once this week, but I’m thinking it’s a victory.
 
 
 


11/27/2012

How far along: 9 (my favorite number) weeks

 How big is baby: A grape or green oilve! Baby’s heart now has four chambers! Way to go Baby. There have also been some other major developments this week, such as Baby’s tail going away, eyes are fully formed, there are tiny earlobes, and the mouth, nose, and nostrils are more distinct. Lastly, the placenta is developed enough now to take over most of the critical job of producing hormones.

Total weight gain: Well at my appointment this week, Dr B said I gained 4 pounds. I’m not happy about this…though I was wearing heavy work clothes so I think this had something to do with the weight. When I weigh myself at home, the weight gain isn’t as bad.

 Maternity clothes: Nope, still my regular ones. Though finding things to wear to work is becoming increasingly difficult. There are a lot of tops I won’t wear because they just don’t look good.

 Sleep: Umm pretty good. I’m still of course getting up 1-2 times to pee. In fact I saw on fb one of my friends wrote the another one saying, “I was up feeding A last night and thought about how you were probably up feeding R.” I wanted to respond saying and I was up peeing! But, seeing as I’m not ready for the fb world to know the good news, I didn’t. Also, speaking of sleep, Sunday I was extremely tired…so sleeping that afternoon was wonderful.

 Best moment of the week: Again, lots of things I need to put here.
 
1) At Thursday night dinner Husbandy and I finally got to tell Lauren! She was supposed to know a while ago, but then she wasn’t able to come to TND for a loooong time. I think by the time she came, she knew something was up cause I kept asking if she was coming. I’m glad she knows now.
 
2) Husbandy has also been so awesome this week. I know he has been stressed out with his MAI test, but he has also been doing so much stuff around the house. Lots of dinners have been made by him. Saturday I was especially impressed because he got up super early. I figured he would just go study, but a little while later he came into the room and told me breakfast was ready. While trying to get out of bed, I convinced myself I needed to do the dishes. I was wrong, cause when I got to the kitchen the dishes were done! He had also gone to the store and bought things for dinner. He’s so good.
 
3) On Saturday, my sister and SIL went to Babies R Us to register! It was just going to be Becca registering, but we figured while we had SILs undivided attention and expertise, I should register too! It was a lot of fun, though kind of strange cause, well, Bec is 29 weeks preggo, I’m 9. I.e. she looks like she should be registering, I don’t. Either way, I got scanner and created a registry! It was also kinda hard for me cause Husbandy and I haven’t even talked about colors, or themes or anything. So, I was making it up as I went. Bec and I also discovered just how similar we are. We would look at all the different options then end up going back to the same one. “Oh were you going to pick this one?” “Yeah” “Me too” At least we know our kids will feel at home at both our houses!
 
4) On Monday we had our second sono!!!! It was absolutely wonderful. As I had freaked myself out during part of the week I was a little nervous, but the sono tech didn’t seem concerned when first look at the screen, so I felt good about that. FINALLY I got to take a look at the screen and had a profile view of Baby. I could see the little heart beating away and it was perfect. THEN we got to hear the heartbeat. THEN Baby started moving around and stretching. THEN Baby turned full frontal. We got an amazing video…I’m so proud.

 
While actually taking the video, we were talking, but for some reason there is no sound. BUT you do get to see some pretty great shots of the heartbeat and movement.



Food cravings: Salads are still appetizing this week. But, I also discovered how much I’m loving apples.

Food aversions: Nothing new.

 Symptoms: Tuesday I turned 9 weeks exactly and that morning I had no nausea at all. I continued to feel great the rest of the day, though I was tired. It started to really worry me. Pregnancy is a funny thing, when you constantly feel sick, you just want to feel normal. BUT when you feel normal, all you can think are bad things. Wednesday, I felt the same way, and was real close to calling the doctor. Walking out of work that night, I started to feel nauseous and got pretty excited about it. Later I got sick….not typically something you celebrate…but I sure was happy (I also shared this news with my mom and sister, they think I’m weird). :) The next few days I was sick, and as I said, Sunday I was so. tired. I felt bad for sleeping when Husbandy had to study while he was also tired, I felt like I should stay up with him….but I mean, I just couldn’t. :(

 Movement: We saw movement on the sono!!!! I was so happy, I tried to make myself feel something when I saw it happening, but I didn’t. Soon enough, though.

Gender: External sex organs are there but not distinguishable.

 What I’m looking forward to: Telling girls at work the good news. So far I only have one confidant, which has been nice, but I’m ready for the rest of the lunch group to know.

What I miss: Having clothes that feel right.

 Next appt: December 27th!

Workout/Fitness: Well, I can’t say I went to the gym this week. But one night after work I went to Hobby Lobby then the grocery store in heels and I feel like that was a work out. :) Also, the registering…I’m counting it. (Is that a stretch?)

1 comment:

  1. haha I counted registering at Babies R Us as my workout for that week too!
    I love how active B-dub is!

    ReplyDelete