Sunday, February 23, 2014

Reese: Eight Months

How Old: 8 months!


Weight/Height: I’m not sure of her height, but we were at the doctor last week and she was still right around 14 lbs 12 oz which I was a little surprised about. Hopefully she puts on some pounds before her 9 month checkup.

Baby Clothes: She is now is size three diapers and still wearing 6-9 month clothing. 


Milestones: We tried lots of new food this month…..cauliflower (liked), green beans (hated), and acorn squash (liked). We also started to give her Gerber organic pouches. She’s done really well with these. I think she must like fruit a lot, except bananas. Every time we give her something that has bananas in it she’s not impressed. One of her favorites is pears, carrots, and peas. She ate the whole pouch in one sitting. Though it must have been too much cause she threw some of it up later.
She’s still a little roller in the crib, but doesn't do much of it outside of that. I’m not really sure why! She likes to be sitting up the best. When we put her on her tummy she cries and rolls over. We have seen her scoot a little, but not much.



She has object permanence down and looks for things when she drops them or anticipates where daddy will be when he goes behind the wall.

Special Outings: She went to Don Pepe’s with the family to celebrate her Great-Granny’s 80th birthday. It was right during her afternoon nap, but with a little finagling we changed up her schedule and she was a happy girl!
Reese also helped celebrate the coming of the Roger twins in April at their baby shower. We are all very excited to the arrival of Hannah and Hudson!


We finally got together with some friends of ours that also had a little girl in June. Blakely is super cute and it was so fun getting to talk about new parenting woes and how things are going. Reese and Blakely were looking very cute in the coordinating outfits. Hopefully we get together with the Goldman’s more often than once every 7 months cause these two could be best friends. :D


Highlights of the Month: In addition to celebrating Great-Granny’s 80th, we celebrated Great Papa Joe’s 82nd! The whole family went to Anna for a day at Papa Joe’s. It’s always so fun to see Papa Joe with Reese. I feel very blessed to have captured a few pictures of them together.



Due to another ice day, Reese and Aidan got to spend the day at our house. I have so much fun with these two!



Reese loves watching older kids. She'll just look at them, get really excited, and laugh.


Baby’s Routine: No changes here.
Wake up: 7:00am
Nap: 9:00 am-11:00 am
Eat (solids and milk)/Play: 11:00 am - 1:00 pm
Nap: 1:00pm - 3:00 pm
Eat Play: 3:00 pm – 6:00 pm 
She usually wants to nurse when mommy gets home: 6:00
Short nap sometime during this time: 5:45 – 7:00
Eat solids: 7:00
Bath time/play: 7:30pm – 8:30 pm
Feed and put to sleep: 8:30-9:00pm 

Baby’s Favorite Food: Hmm. She still loves to nurse. Actually, for about a week Reese would not eat solids. We would get her in the chair and she would just scream. I’m thinking it was because she had a cold, but you never really know. Other than nursing she really likes the pears, carrots, and peas mixture.



Baby’s Favorite Activity: I wish I could say rolling, but she still seems to just want to do that all over her bed. She does loooove baths. When she’s in a bad mood Husbandy and I throw her in the bath and she just splashes and plays. It’s really cute. Also, something I don’t want to forget is how much she loves it when mommy/daddy sings You Are My Sunshine. I don’t know what it is about that song, but she always smiles when we sing it.

Baby’s Favorite Toy: She still loves balls, books, and Sophie. She really likes one book that Mimi got her. Every page is a different animal and the face is a mirror. Reese looooves seeing herself at every turn of the page, I think she likes being an elephant the most.


Big Changes: Reese went from eating solids once a day to eating them twice a day. At the end of the month we also started to give her mum mums so she could learn how to chew. We probably could have started this earlier, but oops, we missed that boat. :( She is also cutting her first little tooth! Finally!! You can’t see much, but you can definitely feel a little sharp tooth when you run your finger along her bottom gum.



Mommy Journal:
I’m afraid my time breastfeeding is coming to an end. I’m pumping less and less at work and Reese is flying through the stockpile of breast milk we've saved. Some days I’m over breastfeeding and ready to give her a bottle, but then at night I see how much comfort it brings her and it seriously breaks my heart thinking about my supply drying up. For now, I’m going to continue to pump at work and get as much as I can. But, I know formula is not too far away. I’ll also continue to nurse her in the mornings and at night cause I feel like I’m still producing enough during those times of the day. 


I know all these changes are part of Reese getting older, but it is hard to let them go. It’s crazy how I go from being completely over something to not wanting to give it up. Another example is nighttime feeds. Sometimes I just want her to sleep through the night (which she is for the most part), but then I’m like ok let’s just get up and spend some time together…it’s 3 am…but who really cares. :) Of course then there’s nights where Reese decides to be awake from 2-4 and all I want is some sleep…
I’m still hoping that by the time of her 9 month appointment I can tell Dr F Reese is either an expert roller or crawler. We have one more month to work on this, so we’ll see how that goes. I hate that I over analyze things and think something's wrong with her cause she’s not doing this stuff yet. Then I get angry about having her three weeks early. I need to remember to trust in the Lord and that she’ll get the hang of these things eventually. Uhh social media.


Reese, I hope you get used to all this worrying mommy does, cause you have a lifetime of it to go. I just really want the best for you, that’s all. You are our angel and we love you to pieces!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE those pictures of her with Papa Joe! So Sweet!
    I can totally relate to you about over analyzing milestones and I definitely have an issue with comparing. It's hard when everyone is updating their baby's newest skill all the time on facebook and you can "google" monthly milestones only to find your baby has hit them all. But, it's important to remember that all babies are different and hit their milestones in different ways at different times. Little Reese is amazing and I'm glad she came when she did, because I can't imagine only having 5 months with this sweet girl to see everyday, I much prefer my 8 :)
    Love you, sister! You are an amazing mom and inspire me everyday!

    ReplyDelete